Beggining at the "End"

July 23, 2018.
It has been one week.

One week since my bare feet stood in the red dirt of the most beautifully broken place. One week since my small pale hands held soft dark faces. One week since I wrapped my arms around those sweet babies, tickling their sides until we all melted into a puddle of contagious laughter in the warm African sun. One week since I glanced deep into sparkling, dark brown eyes that tell of sorrow and joy and broken beauty far deeper than their few years of existence should ever know. One week since I last embraced these sweet new friends, mamas, aunties, babies - God-gifts of love and hope - clinging tightly because words cannot possibly describe my thankful, aching heart. And so I just let the tears fall. Because maybe that's the only way to express what my heart is feeling, and maybe I'll be the only one to ever really know. I pray God gives them glances of just how much they mean to me. One week since my captivated heart broke in two, leaving so many pieces in that grace-filled place.





Many of you have asked about my time in Uganda, and quite frankly, I don't even know where to begin. Maybe this is where - the end. Although, that's such a finite word. There are no ends in Jesus. I know that this place, these people and experiences, are forever in my heart. And I can't help but believe that I will be back to Uganda soon. How long can you live with your heart in two places?

The past week has been a blur - jet lag, weddings, and parties. All wonderful things, but I haven't had a moment to process all that just happened. I chose not to blog while in Uganda - mostly out of wanting to be present, and partially out of joyful exhaustion by the time I had a moment to myself. However, I did spend a lot of time journaling, and look forward to sharing my thoughts soon. I'm thankful for a few weeks of rest and I so deeply feel God calling me to just be still. To sit in wonder of who He is and what He has orchestrated in my life. I am blessed.

Over the next few weeks, I will be blogging journal excerpts and pictures in hopes that you might catch a small glimpse into all that God is doing in my heart and on the other side of this beautiful world.

Comments

Popular Posts